Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Everyday Life: Glimpses
See, it's not so bad. It could have been quite a bit worse. Hubby's nursing a couple sets of stitches, two sore knees and a killer headache. But other than that, we're quite fortunate that he wasn't hurt worse when he passed out and face planted into the door at work during a presentation about colostomies yesterday. Apparently there were some graphic pictures. Couple that with the fact that my hubs hadn't eaten breakfast, and well, you see the result of the mixture. He said one minute he was walking out the door and the next minute several coworkers were standing over him and calling for someone to dial 911.
So aside from being thankful that he didn't severely injure himself, I guess we've gleamed a few lessons from the experience:
1. Eat breakfast. Every morning. No excuses.
2. If you feel queasy during a presentation, DO NOT STAND UP! The ground is a lot closer when you're butt is planted in a chair.
3. The door always wins. He's got a hard head and all, the stubborn Scotch man that he is, but that's no match for metal.
4. He didn't miss his calling in the medical field. Fixing finance and fixing computers is the closest he'll ever be to preforming major surgery.
5. Don't worry because it's the things you DON'T think about that end up actually causing issues. The things you worry about probably never will happen. Oh, irony, how I love thee.
Labels: Everyday life